Wine and food pairing isn’t as straightforward as “white wine with white meat, red wine with red meat”.
Here is what 28 participants from various F&B and retail establishments learnt from international wine specialist Lim Hwee Peng, in a masterclass supported by e2i (Employment & Employability Institute) to groom the next generation of Wine Specialist 4.0 with future skills.
Participants also sat through a theory examination which upon passing, they would each receive a Certificate in Wine Studies Program which is endorsed and issued by the Wines of Western Australia, a State-level Wine Industry Association.
With their new knowledge and practical experience of wines, participants would be better equipped for the following:
- make informed choices on which wines to add to their menus
- how supply chains affect the choice and quality of wines available
- optimise wine and food matching options in their existing menu
- develop new wine and food matching options for customers
- evaluate wines based on parameters used by the industry
- identify gaps within their company to plan for future training
Editing is my work.